Nine venues and one archive service ready to support you through your Artsmark journey.
is to help people determine their place in the world and define their identities, so enhancing their self-respect and their respect for others.
Learning is at the center of what we do here at Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums. Working with a wide range of collections across very different venues, we offer a diverse package of workshops, CPD, exhibitions and events for our learning audiences.
Our design and delivery is based around Arts Council England's seven Quality Principles and is something we assess ourselves on regularly.
1. Striving for excellence and innovation
2. Being authentic
3. Being exciting, inspiring and engaging
4. Ensuring a positive and inclusive experience
5. Actively involving children and young people
6. Enabling personal progression
7. Developing belonging and ownership
Delivering high quality arts and cultural education is paramount to educating the whole child. Artsmark gives children and young people the opportunity to create, compose and perform alongside developing their knowledge and understanding. Through visiting, experiencing and participating in opportunities provided across our 9 venues, schools will be supported through their Artsmark journey .
Awarded by Arts Coundil England the Artsmark website says:
Benefits to schools and education settings
- Artsmark schools gain access to exceptional resources as well as networks of the country’s most treasured cultural organisations, helping them develop and strengthen their arts provision
- enrich, develop and strengthen your school’s arts and culture provision
- bring arts and culture to life in your school
- designed by schools, for schools
- provides evidence of how a school is meeting its spiritual, moral, social and cultural requirements for Ofsted
- to celebrate your school’s strengths and help achieve ambitions for the future
- enrich your curriculum with the arts
- incorporating art and culture into every student’s life and learning, knowledge and understanding
Benefits to students
- build the confidence; resilience and drive that will help children grow into happy, articulate, successful young people
- arts and culture unlock potential helping children and young people develop character and talent, knowledge and understanding
- introduce the joys of creating, performing and composing
Artsmark has its own website with information on the award
- Culture Bridge North East supports schools and cultural organisations on their Artsmark journey
- Please see our contact information page to contact a member of our staff directly
Laing Art Gallery Artsmark Resource Pack This contains all of the information you will need to take your ArtsMark journey forward with the Laing Learning Team.